Understanding self-love is the beginning of happiness. It’s become commonplace to hear some people say “those that post self-love, self-crush” are depressed or have a symptom of depression. I beg to differ.
Self-love helps you appreciate your being, it helps you accept yourself for who you are, where you are at, what you should do to improve yourself when you practice self-love.
Self-love is simply putting yourself first, "know this and know peace".
7 Ways To Practice Self-Love
- Attend to your needs first: You may want to specify some tips on how the readers can go about this, e.g. putting their resources to good use to take care of their needs, tell them the best way to help others comes from taking good care of themselves.
- Take yourself on Vacation: Perhaps you have forgotten that choice vacation spot. Make plans, save towards it. Your body will thank you.
- Pay attention to your Body: Establish the essence of taking note of body changes and how the readers can make the most of their body systems.
- Eat well: Play around the dangers of late night ‘munching’ and ‘eating’. Encourage them with the words that eating right and healthy helps the body.
- Practice Good Hygiene: Cleanliness is at the heart of this. Get them to pursue this with simple tips on taking care of their body, clothing and ensuring the environment they live in is clean, tidy.
- Allow yourself make mistakes: We’re told from a young age “nobody’s perfect, everyone makes mistakes.” But the older we get, the more pressure we are feeling never to fail. Cut yourself some slack! Make mistakes so you’ll learn and grow from them. Embrace your past. we are constantly changing and growing from who we once were into who we are today and who we’ll be at some point .So, ditch that voice in your head that says you would like to be perfect. Make mistakes — many them! the teachings you’ll gain are priceless.
- Process your fears: Like erring, feeling afraid is natural and human. Don’t reject your fears, understand them. This healthy exercise can help along side your mental state . Interrogating and evaluating your fears helps you to understand clarity and unmask issues in your life that were causing you anxiety. That, in turn, can help alleviate some, if not all of your anxiety.
True self-love involves exposure for yourself even once you feel unlovable, or shameful. It involves taking the steps to concentrate to yourself, identify what caused you to not respect or identify your needs or boundaries.
Here is the thing, practicing self-love is not an opportunity to be selfish or ignore other people around you, it’s just a practice of appreciating your being, truth is how you treat yourself is how others will treat you.
written by Deborah Olaiya
FB: Zoe Debby